Friday, September 26, 2008

I have a problem

I am utterly obsessed with diet and nutrition. It is to the point where my husband fears having a conversation with me and seems to avoid it at all costs. Because everything that comes out of my mouth these days is about what I put IN my mouth. I can’t help it, I’m passionate about eating healthy and want to share my knowledge with him. (I won’t mention the enormous amounts of sugar he inhales on a daily basis, yet manages to keep his lean figure….my sweet ectomorph) But the man will see me walking towards his general direction and literally jump up and run away. He has the sudden urge to use the bathroom, ‘do you think my prostate is getting larger’, or some imaginary noise will summon him from the kitchen, my guess is it’s the howling in his stomach because it has been 5 minutes since the last sugar indulgence. Or MAYBE, he just hates talking to me. Maybe I annoy him with all the talk about nutrient ratios, lean body mass, basal metabolic rate, zigzagging calories, eating every two hours and blah, blah, blah. But then, when I think about it, I probably react the same way when I try to avoid getting locked into a discussion about the latest headline on MSNBC, or if I think he’s going to ask me to sit and watch Chris Matthews with him. We all have our “things”, you know. He probably should have been a politician, but then the nerdery would be missing their king.

1 comment:

jilldaisbrenne said...

Great blog. I've been reading for awhile and love to hear about your transition to Denmark.

And what is it about those Scandanvian boys and their candy. Leif's got the exact same problem!!