Thursday, September 18, 2008

Visit from family


This is Andreas' niece, Elin (I think I may have spelled her name wrong, and I apologize). She's such a cute girl. We had a nice visit with Andreas' sister and her family from Sweden this past weekend. It probably would have been a bit nicer for them, had Emma not been sick, since we spent most of the time doting over our poor baby. I was good to see them again and they brought chocolates!! Damn these friendly foreigners!! Don't they realize all this chocolate is detrimental to my hips?? Enter Andreas' mom, Lisbeth. Sweet, sweet woman, knows I have a weakness for punschrulle and last time she came she had 3 boxes of them with her! Well, willpower is not something I generally brag about having and you can't be impolite and say, "gee, I really like that you bring these wonderful treats, but can you please not do it anymore". So, I did what anyone would do. I took one for the team.....or 5. And I loved every one!

Incidentally, if you are interested in trying punschrulle, you can find them in the Swedish food market at your local IKEA. Andreas would also recommend the Mazarins and Princess cakes (which I proudly made for his birthday 2 years ago).

No comments: