Monday, September 20, 2010

My weekend

What a whirlwind weekend!

They usually go pretty fast but this one seemed to go extremely fast. Friday night my sweetie took me to see "the other guys". Good movie. We laughed out loud. We were going to see "devil" but decided it might be a bit dark for our taste, even though it was only pg-13 and we do like M. Night Shamalan.

Then, Saturday morning I met my sister and a friend of hers downtown for burgers before heading out to check out some houses in Parade of Homes. At about 3:30 - 4:00 we stopped at the HoDo for martinis and heavenly lavosh before our last home tour, which was to be a hip condo downtown. Let's just say, we never made it. ;)

Two martinis later, we were on to the next bar. And the next. And the next. You get the idea. It was the start of Oktoberfest and they were doing a pub crawl. Among other things, like the running of the wieners [dogs that is].

We ended the night at the Fryin Pan and I went home one tired, but happy girl. I was so proud of myself too because I drank many a tall glass of water in between all those drinks to ward off a potential hangover. I am no seasoned drinker [anymore]. I rarely drink. Maybe one glass of wine per month, so hangovers will come easy if I'm not careful.

I woke up with a headache, took two advil and went back to bed. After an hour, I felt much better. Still, I was pretty much dragging all day because I'm used to being in bed at 9pm. I know, I'm such an old lady.

It was a great day/night.

Last night, my niece came over and we talked, napped, ate Chinese food and helped Hanna work on her volleyball techniques. My arms hurt AGAIN today. I don't see how they can do it. I think every time I try hitting it, I get it right smack on a big vein that sticks out of my arm and dang it, that hurts! So from now on, I'm sticking strictly to serving and setting to her. I know, I'm such a wimp.

Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments: