Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sneak Peak

Yesterday my middle child, Eden, turned 8. Happy birthday to my sweet beautiful girl! We didn't celebrate though. She wasn't home. She was with her dad.

So while she was away, Andreas and I did our own little "surprise by design". We totally made over her bedroom.

I've been planning and scheming all last week. Since painting her room the fabulous grape crush color she picked out, I've been picking my brain trying to decide what to do with her room. I didn't want to just randomly hang the same old crap on the walls like always. I wanted to show off those newly painted walls and give her a space she would really enjoy being in, and therefore, not always pestering us ;)

So I went to Hobby Lobby (cuz I knew I could score a lot of cool new decor for a pretty reasonable price) and scored big! Last time we went there to purchase our floor mirror, Eden saw this really cool wire bodice thinger and she really loved it. And that was the "primer" for our design.

I don't know what you'd call it, but it's very girly. Sort of vogue chic boutique meets princess.....or something. Anyway, it's totally cute!! And I'm jealous. I want to be 8 year old Eden.

And here's a sneak peak (you'll get the full effect after it's all finished and Eden sees it, which will be today).
. . . . .

Some pictures that still need to be hung on the wall

. . . . .


. . . . .

A cool chandelier wall sticker

. . . . .


. . . . .

A wall desk, with shelves that Andreas and I made out of really simple and inexpensive materials. Also a couple home-made bulletin boards by moi and a small wire bodice which was our theme inspiration.

. . . . .


. . . . .

I can't wait to show you the whole finished room! And I am sooooo excited to see Eden's reaction!!

No comments: