Friday, September 24, 2010

Volleyball

Hanna joined volleyball this year. I wanted her to be in something just so she could get some sort of exercise and volleyball was appealing because they have 3 one and a half hour practices a week. Perfect! She wasn't too thrilled with the idea but went to the first practice anyway and liked it.

I think she said there are like 60 girls that joined. They had their first round robin last night. I went to watch and it's very surprising how good some of them are already being only 6th graders. Hanna has never touched a volleyball before so she isn't very skilled yet. She has a good serve but there isn't an energetic bone in her body. So while all the other girls are running about, Hanna is the one that just sort of stands around. I don't know what I need to do to get her to be more aggressive. Help?

Anyway, it isn't important to me that she be the best, I just want her to find something that she likes to do so she can stay active. She's only been practicing for a couple weeks, so hopefully she'll lose her timidness and play with gusto.

. . . . . . . . . .









. . . . . . . . . .


Next week they have another one so we'll see if she has improved her hustle at all by then.

No comments: