Monday, September 13, 2010

Walk in the park

. . . . . . . . . .

Posing on a rock



. . . . . . . . . .

We took the girls to Buffalo State Park today to walk on some trails. The weather was gorgeous and we wanted to get out and enjoy it. Well, me more than anyone else, I think. The girls thought it was too hot out [seriously....the things they whine about] and I was trying to make them understand that it wouldn't be too much longer before it was freezing cold out so we should enjoy the heat while we could. They didn't agree.

But they were pretty good. I mean, they are kids so you kind of have to expect some level of whining. They were really short trails too. So it's not like we were dragging them all over creation for hours. An hour tops. And there were a couple bonuses along the way. Like seeing a giant toad and stopping to buy fresh produce.

A great relaxing Sunday before another busy week. The only down side to the day was when I tried cutting my thumb off while slicing some jicama, but I didn't succeed so it wasn't all that bad I guess.

No comments: