Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dinner Italiano!

I love to have themed dinners now and then. I say I do it for the girls but I think I enjoy it more than they do! Usually we do Mexican night because I have all sorts of Mexican decorations and dishes and etc. We've also done Chinese night because I have the fun dishes and we make paper lanterns and the like. Of course we've got some "mood" music of the appropriate genre on the iHome to complete the ambiance.

Tonight we tried Italian night. I have a recipe for some authentic Italian meatballs that I have been just itching to make. So I got them made this morning and had them simmering in spaghetti sauce all afternoon. The girls and I turned our table into an Italian cafe and we dined on spaghetti and meatballs while listening to some fine Italian dinner music! I wish I would have made a Tiramisu today, that would have been the perfect ending.

Oh, and by the way, the meatballs were TO DIE FOR!!!! Amazing!



Ok, so the bottle is French. But who can tell, right?



Hanna, drinking my homemade Raspberry Sparkler (aka raspberry juice and sparkling water).



Can you see Eden's centerpiece? An old olive oil bottle used as a flower vase.



I can't look at Emma without laughing since they put that tattoo right on her forehead.



I had spaghetti squash instead of pasta because today is a low carb day for me. And just fyi for anyone wanting to try it, it's a fabulous alternative!

No comments: