Saturday, December 4, 2010

Random

My husband gets on the scale. It reads 10 pounds lighter than the last time he weighed himself. Really? You do nothing but shove sugar in your pie hole and you lose 10 pounds? Something is wrong with the universe.

I get a call from Hanna's school counselor asking if I'm aware that she has not been eating breakfast or lunch. Yes, Hanna told me she didn't eat anything because she wasn't hungry. Then came home crabby and starving. She says it's her pills but they haven't affected her appetite since she was in 4th grade. Hmmmmm.....

While we are on the subject of food...

Every night at dinner, Emma will say "Ew, that's gross. I don't like it." No matter what I put in front of her. Every. Night. I'm starting to get a complex. I know I'm no Julia Child, but I can cook, dang it! And, inevitably, she will get the same warning, "Emma, you know the rules. You have to TRY everything once. Or you go up to your room." Then she tries it and says, "Mom! I like this!". Yes, every night.

One would think this girl is a picky eater. And one would be correct in that assumption. Still, among her favorite things to eat are avocados, Swedish Krispbread swimming in a bowl of warm milk, and salmon (also referred to as chicken - as is every other meat). Maybe it's just me, but I think a lot of children would turn up their noses to that sort of stuff.

Hanna practically lived on hot dogs when she was about preschool age. Emma won't touch them with a ten foot pole.

I think Eden is slowly becoming a vegetarian. But, that would mean she ate veggies, wouldn't it. Ok, is there a word for "person who only likes food in cracker form"? Chicken in a biscuit? Well, it's chicken....in a cracker....therefore I'm eating chicken. Right?

No comments: