Monday, December 6, 2010

Today

I've had a headache for about 6 days now, on and off, mostly on. This morning it was really bad. I took some pills so right now it's better. Not all gone, but tolerable.

What the heck am I doing on the computer then? Well, my husband swears that when he keeps his mind occupied by playing a computer game, it helps. I thought that was the most absurd thing ever. If I had a really bad headache, the last thing I'd want to do is stare at a computer screen. But what have I got to lose?

Pills don't always work for me. I hate taking pills anyway. It's always a last resort. Tylenol does nothing for me...ever. Advil, might work sometimes. Excedrin migraine ALWAYS took care of it. So I started using it every time I got a headache. Then one day it didn't work. I was very sad. I'd let myself rely on it too much, even for the non-migraines, and I adapted to it quickly. So I haven't taken that in a while. This morning I took Excedrin Tension Headache. That took the painful edge off, but as I said before, it's not totally gone.

Anyway, instead of not blog at all or bore you with more complaining, I'm going to share some of my favorite stories instead.

cough drop-o-holic

smoothy curse

Speaking Danish

No comments: